Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Video Podcasts in iTunes/WGBH

I went into iTunes and checked out some video podcasts under WGBH. Honestly I watched a handful of them because I though; wow, how cool. The videos I watched were k-5 and I found myself learning! I watched videos on clouds, why the moon doesn't fall down, coral reef, solar eclipse's, and a few more. Some were just visual, some were visual plus speaking. I really like that they are short video podcasts with one simple topic to share about such as "What is a Planet?" This is great for the younger years.
These video podcasts can be a fabulous tools for teachers. It makes me sit back and wonder why teachers would just want to sit in front of these children, make them pull out their textbook and just spit this information to them. These video podcasts are a great way to get their attention and curiosity levels up. It did mine, and I am 25 years old.
If you'd like to check this out go to iTunes, then iTunesU, then featurned providers/WGBH, then K-12. If you haven't, it will be worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment